Northern Virginia Real Estate Experts

Welcome to the Preferred Realty Partners Blog!

We are excited to share our knowledge and passion for real estate with you!

Friday, November 30, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

I don't know if you celebrate Christmas, so this may not apply to you. But since I was a child I've loved driving around to see Christmas lights. I get so happy when I see them start to go up in my neighborhood (yes, even if it's before December 1) and the more I see the happier I feel. It's like a jolt of holiday joy and I like to think the joy is contagious. My kids who look at me like I'm crazy, but that's not unusual and they're smiling so hopefully they're not planning to have me locked away when I exclaim, "OOOOOOHHH look at all the CHRISTMAS!!" and clap my hands like a little girl.

Anyway, if you love Christmas Light Displays as much as I do, here is a handy-dandy website where you can find displays near YOUR HOUSE! You just type in your zip code in the box in the upper left hand corner and decide how many miles you are willing to drive in the drop-down menu below.

I searched based on Chantilly, just because that's where my office is located:
http://www.christmaslightfinder.com/search.php

Some of them even have personal websites where you can learn more about the number of lights and how long it takes to put them up! One man on Collingwood Drive said it takes him 300 hours to put up his display!! (and that there will be no display at his house this year, here's hoping next year he's able to).

If you prefer not to drive through neighborhoods to see lights, there's always the Bull Run Festival of Lights which you can see in a park for a small fee. It's a great way to get into the Christmas Spirit...if that's your thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment