Northern Virginia Real Estate Experts

Welcome to the Preferred Realty Partners Blog!

We are excited to share our knowledge and passion for real estate with you!

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Doesn't it make you wonder?

Recently in our community there have been some tragic events. Events that involve families, heartache and talking to my kids about things I would much rather shield them from for a few more years.

I won't speculate on why these things happened to these families that I do not know. However, I do want to reach out to the families affected by these horrible events and offer our heartfelt condolences. It is never easy to lose someone you love, and I hope that the family of Bryan Glenn is able to find some comfort in their family and friends during this difficult time.

September 25th, my son's school announced the loss of one of their students and we found it was the loss of an entire family.  The school, of course, offered grief counseling to the students and a nearby church held a candlelight vigil for the Peterson family. I'd like to reach out to the relatives and friends of the Peterson family also and extend our sorrow for your losses.

Hearing stories like this always makes me wonder, where did it all go wrong? Was there a point at which these tragedies could have been avoided? Is there truly a way to prevent these events? Or is our place instead to wonder at the meaning of it all. To take this in as an acute reminder to hold the ones we love a little tighter, to be a little more patient, and to treasure every moment.

I am thinking tonight of the Glenn Family and the Peterson Family, their extended families and friends. I am wishing you strength, comfort, and peace.




*NOTE* The enclosed links connect to local news articles and comments. The articles and especially the comments attached are not within the control of Preferred Realty Partners, nor do they reflect the views of Preferred Realty Partners.


No comments:

Post a Comment