Northern Virginia Real Estate Experts

Welcome to the Preferred Realty Partners Blog!

We are excited to share our knowledge and passion for real estate with you!

Friday, May 4, 2012

It's Termite Season Again!

Hello Folks!
Yesterday I was sitting in my office looking out the window when I suddenly noticed a ridiculous number of what looked like ants with wings. That was when I realized, it's Termite Swarming season again! Termites are an insidious force that can do some serious damage to your home, and you may not even notice until they've been there for years. If you own a home in Northern VA keep an eye out for these little guys when the weather gets warm. If you see them, call your local pest control professionals right away before they have time to get into your walls.
Photo courtesy of www.bugmasters.com serving Southern California
 Now you may be thinking, "that's great but how do I know that they are termites and not ants?" Well here is a handy graphic to help you make that determination.
This photo is courtesy of all seasons pests serving St. Louis, MO

I was grateful to two very adorable birds yesterday afternoon who had quite a feast of termite swarmers right outside my window. Unfortunately, I didn't think to take a photo until the little fellas were eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment